I am a particularly crunchy piece of macaroni.
I kid, I kid. My name is Jillian Richardson, and I'm a human being. I had a childhood and everything. (See right for proof.)
Other than that, I'm a comedian and brand copywriting consultant. I live in the East Village in NYC– artsy, I know– and work out of NeueHouse in Madison Square.
My passion is playful living and writing. But if you read the home page, you already knew that.
What else? I perform sketch and improv comedy at the Upright Citizens Brigade, and am part of a community in NYC that I call "play makers." This crew creates early morning dance parties, giant group meditations, and summer camps for adults. I love being around people who inspire me– and strive to do the same for others.
If you want help promoting your magical event, please reach out! I can feature you in my weekly newsletter– The Joy List!
- Member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA): I have a press pass and everything!
- Two-time Comedy Hack Day finalist: My funny app idea made it to the top 6 teams out of 22 groups. I then presented in front of 800 people, and didn't throw up.
- Two-time College Emmy winner for Best Screenwriting: For Paper Trail, a drama about drug use in college
- 2016 Half the World finalist for screenwriting: For Kinks, a comedy about a self-conscious journalist who enters the BDSM community
- 2016 Humanitas Prize nominee: For Kinks
I also got this nifty award from LinkedIn: