I am a particularly crunchy piece of macaroni.
I kid, I kid. My name is Jillian Richardson, and I'm a human being. I had a childhood and everything. (See right for proof.)
Other than that, I'm a funny person and brand copywriting consultant. I live in Brooklyn– artsy, I know– and work out of ThoughtWorks on Madison Avenue.
My passion is helping people communicate their message in a way that's unforgettable and fun!
I also adore creating spaces for people to have meaningful interactions. The ways that I'm currently doing that include:
- The Joy List: My weekly newsletter of events in NYC where you can go by yourself and leave with a friend. If you want help promoting your magical event, please reach out!
- Deep State: A camp that connects and trains people who are committed creating social justice in America. We're working alongside some seriously amazing partner organizations like Women's March, Make the Road New York, CODE BLUE, Community Voices Heard, and Muslim Writers Collective.
- Reconnections: A weekly meditation and community-building experience at my home in Brooklyn
- Member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA): I have a press pass and everything!
- Two-time Comedy Hack Day finalist: My funny app idea made it to the top 6 teams out of 22 groups. I then presented in front of 800 people, and didn't throw up.
- Two-time College Emmy winner for Best Screenwriting: For Paper Trail, a drama about drug use in college
- 2016 Half the World finalist for screenwriting: For Kinks, a comedy about a self-conscious journalist who enters the BDSM community
- 2016 Humanitas Prize nominee: For Kinks
I also got this nifty award from LinkedIn: