I am a particularly crunchy piece of macaroni.
I kid, I kid. My name is Jillian Richardson, and I'm a human being. I had a childhood and everything. (See right for proof.)
Other than that, I'm a writer who specializes in authentic, conversational content. My passion is helping people communicate their message in a way that's unforgettable and fun!
I also adore creating spaces for people to have meaningful interactions. The ways that I'm currently doing that include:
- The Joy List: My weekly newsletter of events in NYC where you can go by yourself and leave with a friend. If you want help promoting your magical event, please reach out!
- Hustle Fest: My conference for people who want to go from full-time to freelance. Tickets for the next event live here!
- Groundshift: An event that connects and trains people who are committed to creating social justice in America. We're working alongside some seriously amazing partner organizations like Women's March, Make the Road New York, CODE BLUE, Community Voices Heard, and Muslim Writers Collective.
- Balanced: A monthly meditation and conversation series at my home in Brooklyn
- Member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA): I have a press pass and everything!
- Two-time Comedy Hack Day finalist: My funny app idea made it to the top 6 teams out of 22 groups. I then presented in front of 800 people, and didn't throw up.
- Two-time College Emmy winner for Best Screenwriting: For Paper Trail, a drama about drug use in college
- 2016 Half the World finalist for screenwriting: For Kinks, a comedy about a self-conscious journalist who enters the BDSM community
- 2016 Humanitas Prize nominee: For Kinks
I also got this nifty award from LinkedIn: